- Akram Alishahi Assistant Professor. Low dimensional topology, knot theory and contact and symplectic geometry.
- James Cantrell Professor Emeritus. Geometry and topology.
- Jason Cantarella Professor. General area of geometric knot theory, particularly random knots.
- David Gay Professor. Smooth and symplectic topology of 4-manifolds and associated 3-dimensional issues. Also interested in mathematical illustration and outreach, heavily motivated by low-dimensional geometry and topology.
- John G. Hollingsworth Professor Emeritus. Geometry and Topology.
- Peter Lambert-Cole. Assistant Professor. Low-dimensional topology; contact and symplectic topology.
- Gordana Matic Professor. 4- and 3-manifolds, contact topology, Heegaard Floer homology.
- Clinton G. McCrory Professor Emeritus. Topology of singularities, with applications to algebraic geometry and differential geometry. Invariants of real algebraic varieties and semialgebraic sets.
- Trent Schirmer Senior Lecturer. Low-dimensional geometric topology. Visual and combinatorial methods to prove things about Heegaard splittings of 3-manifolds, Dehn fillings of link complements, and trisections of 4-manifolds. The rank-genus problem for knot complements in the three-sphere, the slice-ribbon conjecture, and the Schoenflies conjecture.
- Michael Usher Professor. Sympletic topology, Hamiltonian dynamics and Morse theory, symplectic four-manifolds and Lefschetz fibrations.
- Weiwei Wu Assistant Professor. Topological rigidity of symplectic and Lagrangian submanifolds, symplectomorphism groups, Lagangian Floer theory, homological mirror symmetry.
- Swapnanil Banerjee (Advisor: David Gay)
- Sarah Blackwell (Advisor: David Gay)
- Daniel Hartman (Advisor: David Gay)
- Thomas Melistas (Advisor: Michael Usher)
- Erik Schreyer (Advisor: Jason Cantarella)
- Terrin Warren (Advisor: David Gay)