- Kota's paper is published in Neuroscience Insights.
- Melissa and Kathy's paper is published in Current Protocols.
- Kathy passes her qualifying exam and advances to doctoral candidacy.
- Rie and Kota's paper on the use of split fluorescent protein tags to label endogenous proteins in Drosophila is published in PNAS.
- Ryo's paper is published in Communications Biology.
- Ryo passes his qualifying exam and advances to doctoral candidacy.
- Melissa's paper is published in JoVE.
- Melissa Inal joins the lab to conduct her doctoral research.
- Kathy Bui joins the lab to conduct her doctoral research.
- Yuri Nishida joins the lab as a postdoctoral fellow.
- The lab receives a five-year R01 grant from the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke.
- Kota Banzai joins the lab as a postdoctoral fellow.
- The lab receives the Junior Faculty Seed Grants from the University of Georgia Research Fundation, Inc.
- Ryo Tamura joins the lab to conduct his doctoral research.
- Miyuki Fitch joins the lab as a research technician.
- Rie Kamiyama joins the lab as a lab manager.
- The lab opens in the Biological Sciences Building.