Sociology of Emotions Newsletter Requests
Submissions Deadline: December 1, 2020
- Upcoming conferences, calls for papers, special issues of journals or grant opportunities.
- Information related to conferences that would be of interest to section members.
- Profiles of graduate students who are on the job market – contact info/website, photo(optional), dissertation abstract 200-300 words, biographical information 100 words.
- Titles of new or forthcoming books or articles that would be of interest to section members.
- Photos from recent conferences or other events that would interest section members.
- Updates on issues that are relevant to the Sociology of Emotions.
- Online resources applicable to Sociology of Emotions such as blogs or other relevant electronic resources for research and teaching.
- Media appearances by or of interest to section members (news articles, blogs, podcasts, etc.).
If you have other relevant material, please let us know! We are always happy to make space for new and innovative contributions and contributors.
Please send any of these relevant items to newsletter co-editor Kelsey Mattingly (email@example.com)
A message from the co-editors of Social Psychology Quarterly
Social Psychology Quarterly (SPQ), a journal of the American Sociological Association, publishes theoretical and empirical papers on the link between the individual and society. This includes papers on the role of the individual in groups, collectivities, and institutions, as well as papers on how individuals are influenced by social structure and cultural processes. Additionally, we encourage research using a broad range of quantitative and qualitative methods and that focus on current events and social problems. SPQ routinely publishes research in the sociology of emotion.
Manuscripts must be submitted electronically through the journal's online submission website.
Co-editors: Jody Clay-Warner, Dawn T. Robinson, Justine Tinkler
Managing Editor: Malissa Alinor
Deputy Editors: Corey Fields, Matthew Hunt, Stefanie Mollborn