1. The Paraphrase of an Imaginary Dialogue: The Poetics and Poetry of Pier Paolo Pasolini. New York: Peter Lang, 1994.
2. Alberto Moravia. Twayne World Authors Series. Boston and New York: G.K. Hall, 1996.
3. The Ethical Muse of Franco Fortini. Gainesville: University Press of Florida, 1997. Read Italica review.
4. The Rose in Contemporary Italian Poetry. Gainesville: University Press of Florida, 2000.
6. Pasolini, Civic Poet of Modernity. Novi Ligure, Italy: Edizioni Joker, 2012.
7. Pier Paolo Pasolini, The Divine Mimesis. Translated and with and Introduction by Thomas E. Peterson. Berlin and New York: Contra Mundum Press, 2014.