Apply to Work in the LPD Lab
Information for prospective graduate students to the UGA Industrial Organizational Psychology Program can be found at the following websites:
- UGA Graduate School Application Information
- UGA I/O Doctoral Program.
- UGA I/O Master's Program (Gwinnett Campus)
Undergraduate Students or Alumni
Details and Information
- Time Commitment - RAs are expected to give a maximum time commitment of 9 hours per week to the lab. One hour of that commitment will come from a weekly lab meeting.
- Lab Meetings - Unless there is a time conflict, you are required to attend our weekly lab meetings. These meetings are devoted to project updates as well as professional development advice, including how to apply to graduate school and developing a CV.
- Projects - As an RA, your primary responsibility will be data collection and coding on various projects ran by Dr. Hoffman and his graduate students.
- Who Can Apply? - Students and UGA alumni are welcome to apply; however, a UGA affiliation is not required. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and there are no deadlines; however, applicants are typically reviewed and interviewed for the lab at the beginning and end of the semester. Applicants who could add diversity to our lab are highly encouraged to apply.
- Apply - Those interested in working in the lab should fill out an application here.
- Interview - For those applications accepted, the next stage of the application process involves a behavioral interview. Preference is given to those with a GPA of 3.4 or higher. Research assistants are required to commit 9 hours a week and
- Optional: Accepted RAs can enroll in PSYC 4800 and 4850 to receive up to 3 class credits per semester. Enrollment in PSYC 4800/4850 is optional.