The AGANT (Algebraic Geometry, Algebra, and Number Theory) Research and Training Group at the University of Georgia Mathematics Department coordinates a number of programs and activities at a variety of levels, from high school students to postdoctoral fellows.
We gratefully acknowledge funding support from the National Science Foundation Research and Training Group grant DMS-1344994 ($2,000,000 over 5 years). We are also grateful for the financial support of the Office of the Vice-President for Research, of the Franklin College of Arts and Sciences, and of the Graduate School.
Graduate Student Fellowships for Fall 2019
We expect to have several year-long NSF-funded fellowships to offer to outstanding applicants for admission into our program in fall 2019. The application procedure is described here. Please do not hesitate to contact the RTG director, Professor Dino Lorenzini, for further information.
Postdoctoral Positions for Fall 2019
We expect to have several postdoctoral positions available in AGANT fields next year.
Monday May 14 to Thursday May 17, 2018, organized by Ernie Croot (Georgia Tech), Neil Lyall (UGA), Akos Magyar (UGA) and Giorgis Petridis (UGA).
Monday June 4 to Saturday June 9, 2018, organized by Brian Boe, William Graham, Daniel Nakano, and Laura Rider.
- Algebra Seminar
- Algebraic Geometry Seminar
- Arithmetic Geometry/Number Theory Seminar
- Analytic Number Theory and Analysis
- Danny Krashen awarded a Presidential Early Career Award for Scientists and Engineers (2016-2021).
- Associate Professor Danny Krashen and colleagues at Emory and at the University of Pennsylvania were awarded a Focus Research Group Grant (FRG) by the NSF (2015-2018).
- Graduate student Adrian Brunyate received an NSF postdoctoral fellowship (2015-2018).
- First year graduate student Ziqing Xiang was invited to talk at the 2014 Workshop on Sphere Packings, Lattices, and Designs, in Vienna, Austria.
Georgia Algebraic Geometry Symposium
The Georgia Algebraic Geometry Symposium is a conference series jointly organized by the University of Georgia, Emory University, and Georgia Tech. The location of the conference is rotating between these institutions. The last conference was held at the University of Georgia on Fri-Sat-Sun March 3-5, 2017. The next symposium will be at Georgia Tech on Feb. 20-23, 2018.
Joint Athens-Atlanta Number Theory Seminar
The Joint Athens-Atlanta Number Theory Seminar is a seminar jointly organized by the University of Georgia, Emory University, and Georgia Tech. The seminar meets once a semester and its location is rotating between these institutions.